Nicole De Keyser
(Off on Maternity leave, return date TBD)
Nicole graduated from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. She completed her Masters of Science in Physiotherapy at Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland. Her final thesis that examined strategies of increasing physical activity amongst the elderly population was published in the special edition of the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
After returning to Canada, Nicole began her physiotherapy career in North Vancouver. She then began working in clinics based in Yaletown and Kerrisdale, where she was then elected in the Georgia Straight newspaper as Best Physiotherapist of Vancouver for 2018 and 2019. While in Vancouver, her work experience has been with a wide range of individuals from all ages and of various fitness levels, in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, as well as working with ICBC and WCB claims.
Nicole is active in post-graduate education having completed her certification in Acupuncture and IMS, amongst other credentials, and is now working on completing her manual therapy levels. She focuses on hands-on joint and soft tissue techniques coupled by therapeutic exercises to help her patients.
Besides Physiotherapy, Nicole is also passionate about health and fitness. She leads an active lifestyle, including running, hiking, and snowboarding. Having recently moved from Vancouver, Nicole is excited to integrate into the Okanagan community and discover the area more.
- KinetaCore Functional Dry Needling, Level 1
- Certificate of the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (CAFCI), Anatomical Acupuncture courses AA1 & AA2
- Manual Therapy Level II Upper, Orthopaedic Division of Canada
- Manual Therapy Level I, Orthopaedic Division of Canada
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Workshop
- Cervical Neural Tissue Mechanosensitivity Course by the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI)
- K-Taping ® Pro Therapist Training Certification